In a tradition he has continued since his F1 debut, Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel has again assigned a name to his latest Formula 1 challenger, the RB6.
The name for his latest championship hopeful: “Luscious Liz”.
As part of his list of superstitions – which include only entering and alighting from the car on its left-hand side, and keeping a lucky coin wedged behind his boot laces – Vettel has named each of his F1 cars since he christened his 2008 Toro Rosso “Julie”.
Out of tradition, the name he assigns is also put on the dashboard of the respective car.
His first 2009 Red Bull was called “Kate”, but he was given a new chassis mid-season, which he called “Kate’s Dirty Sister” – on the basis that it was quicker and more aggressive than its predecessor.
Will “Luscious Liz” prove to have the substance to support Sebastian’s prodigious talent? Here’s hoping!
Do any of you give names to your cars???
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020