According to the German publication Bild, the team trialled a new front wing for its W01 in a straight line test at an English airfield during the week – presumably with Nick in the cockpit – and is also set to unveil a radically modified diffuser for its first competitive outing at Sakhir.
However, Nick was quick to play down Mercedes GP’s prospects.
Speaking with Auto Motor und Sport, Nick said: “The Red Bull is clearly the best car. It’s almost frightening how easily [Sebastian] Vettel and [Mark] Webber are able to drive it at the limit.”
He went on to add that Red Bull were probably disguising the RB6’s true pace by running with comparatively heavier fuel loads than its rivals during much of the pre-season tests.
[Image via The Sun]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020