According to the German publication Bild, the team trialled a new front wing for its W01 in a straight line test at an English airfield during the week – presumably with Nick in the cockpit – and is also set to unveil a radically modified diffuser for its first competitive outing at Sakhir.
However, Nick was quick to play down Mercedes GP’s prospects.
Speaking with Auto Motor und Sport, Nick said: “The Red Bull is clearly the best car. It’s almost frightening how easily [Sebastian] Vettel and [Mark] Webber are able to drive it at the limit.”
He went on to add that Red Bull were probably disguising the RB6’s true pace by running with comparatively heavier fuel loads than its rivals during much of the pre-season tests.
[Image via The Sun]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018