The FIA has confirmed the cancellation of the second round of the 2010 season’s World Touring Car Championship event at Puebla, Mexico.
In a brief media statement, it explains it took the unfortunate decision to cancel this year’s event due to safety concerns in the region.
"The FIA, in agreement with promoter KSO, has decided to cancel the second event in the 2010 FIA World Touring Car Championship scheduled to take place in Puebla, Mexico, on April 11th," it reads.
"The FIA’s decision is based on security reports from the region and follows close consultation and guidance from OMDAI, the Mexican National Sporting Authority."
It is yet to be announced if a replacement venue can be sought.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018
- Ricciardo leads Verstappen in FP1 - 14 September, 2018