Mercedes GP Team Principal Ross Brawn paid a special visit to Buckingham Palace in order to be awarded his Order of the British Empire (OBE) from Queen Elizabeth II.
Brawn received his award for leading his eponymously-named team to both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championship in its maiden year, and unprecedented achievement in F1 and especially so, given that the team was created from a last-minute rescue operation out of the ashes of the Honda team.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018