Mercedes GP Team Principal Ross Brawn paid a special visit to Buckingham Palace in order to be awarded his Order of the British Empire (OBE) from Queen Elizabeth II.
Brawn received his award for leading his eponymously-named team to both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championship in its maiden year, and unprecedented achievement in F1 and especially so, given that the team was created from a last-minute rescue operation out of the ashes of the Honda team.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019