Mercedes GP Team Principal Ross Brawn paid a special visit to Buckingham Palace in order to be awarded his Order of the British Empire (OBE) from Queen Elizabeth II.
Brawn received his award for leading his eponymously-named team to both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championship in its maiden year, and unprecedented achievement in F1 and especially so, given that the team was created from a last-minute rescue operation out of the ashes of the Honda team.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020