With the opening practice for the Bahrain GP set to get underway in just over 24 hours’ time, the Sakhir paddock is already buzzing with activity as more drivers and personnel descend on the venue.
However, one high-profile face was missing that morning: Renault driver Robert Kubica.
Why? He’d missed his flight!
Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport reports that the Pole made his journey to Bahrain via Florence and Dubai, minus his luggage…
He new Renault sign-up eventually arrived at the paddock that afternoon, much to the relief of his team, no doubt!
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020