2009 Championship winners Jenson Button and Brawn GP have won their respective category nominations in the Laureus World Sport Awards.
Jenson picked up the gong for Breakthrough of the Year, and the Brawn GP team (since sold and renamed Mercedes GP) won the Team of the Year Award.
Button was personally present to pick up his award, and couldn’t have looked less thrilled if he tried, judging by the photo above.
At least try not to make the smile look so strained Jens!
Ross Brawn was unable to collect his award as he was receiving his OBE at Buckingham Palace, and so Mercedes GP CEO Nick Fry went in his place.
Congratulations to both!
[Original image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020