The FIA has confirmed that McLaren’s ugly rear wing is indeed legal after rival teams raised concerns as to its conformity to the rules.
The presented its car to the FIA for scrutineering at Bahrain today.
The teams’ concerns stemmed from the fact that the engine cover and rear wing connected, with both Ferrari and Red Bull querying whether the device gave an added (and illegal) boost to the MP4-25’s top speed.
It’s good to know that we can all get on with racing…
Until, that is, the next issue crops up…!
[Image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020