You’d have thought Hispania Racing might have had that sorted out a little quicker!
The FIA has confirmed that Karun Chandok will be issued with a FIA Superlicense after its World Motor Sport Council met on Thursday afternoon in Bahrain. The Superlicense is legally required for any driver wishing to take part in the World Championship.
“Based on his previous Formula One test mileage and his participation in the GP2 Championship, the World Council has approved the granting of a super licence to Karun Chandhok,” a statement from the FIA reads.
What would have happened if his license had been refused?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020