F1’s latest guest Stewards (L-R): Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Johnny Herbert, Damon Hill, Alexander Wurz
The FIA has confirmed the identities of a further four ex-F1 drivers who will assist the race stewards at Grands Prix during the 2010 season.
It is already known that four-time World Champion Alain Prost will be the drivers’ representative during the Bahrain GP.
As part of an attempt to revamp the rules and introduce more transparency into the rule-monitoring process, a former F1 driver will join the three regular race stewards at each race to help with decision-making on driver penalties for on-track indiscretions.
The move is also a response to criticism from many sections that the race stewards lacked the insight into F1 driving when it came to judging contentious instances on the circuit.
The FIA has confirmed that Damon Hill, Alexander Wurz, Johnny Herbert and Heinz-Harald Frentzen will also be participants in one or more of the upcoming races this season.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020