In the second session, Vettel’s best time was over a second slower than the pace-setting Nico Rosberg, while Mark Webber five solitary laps yielded a quickest that was over 5 seconds off the benchmark time.
Webber didn’t pull any punches when he described his Friday: "Not such a good day and not enough mileage," he said.
Vettel was equally frustrated, but sanguine about the outcome of the day: “Unfortunately, we didn’t get a lot of running today.I would have liked more track time but it’s not Christmas and we’re not given things for free.”
[Original image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019