Ferrari has confirmed that it will change Felipe Massa’s engine before the start of the Bahrain GP as a precautionary measure.
Via its Twitter feed, it wrote: “Not the best start of the day. We are going to replace Felipe’s engine but just for precaution. The engine can be used again in FP sessions.”
It also confirmed that Massa will not be penalised for the engine change, as teams are allowed to use a total of eight different engines during the season without being penalised for swapping them as they see fit.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019