Ferrari has confirmed that it will change Felipe Massa’s engine before the start of the Bahrain GP as a precautionary measure.
Via its Twitter feed, it wrote: “Not the best start of the day. We are going to replace Felipe’s engine but just for precaution. The engine can be used again in FP sessions.”
It also confirmed that Massa will not be penalised for the engine change, as teams are allowed to use a total of eight different engines during the season without being penalised for swapping them as they see fit.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018