The McLaren team is swiftly becoming one of the most frowned-upon teams in the Bahrain pit lane, primarily on the back of its controversial ’F-vent’ aerodynamic treatment that has incredibly been allowed by the FIA after scrutineering.
Several teams have not ruled out protesting the team’s interpretation of the 2010 aero rules, and we certainly wouldn’t disagree with their sentiments!
Auto Motor und Sport reports that the team has attempted to exploit a loophole in the technical regulations regarding the size of the external starter access hole. It is alleged that the team made this slot much larger than necessary, and have in effect gained another diffuser level.
What the hell?!
Following the massive diffuser row that broke out at the start of the 2009 season, somehow McLaren has managed to avoid this becoming public knowledge and simply agreed to scrap the design!
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Mercedes close out Friday practice on top - 4 July, 2020
- Hamilton leads Mercedes 1-2 as F1 2020 finally gets underway - 3 July, 2020
- Stirling Moss (1929 – 2020) - 12 April, 2020
- F1 to delay 2021 technical regulations - 20 March, 2020
- More Grands Prix axed from 2020 schedule - 20 March, 2020