Defending World Champion Jenson Button was summarily outclassed by his McLaren team-mate at the Bahrain GP in the crucial inter-team battle for supremacy in the all-British line-up.
Despite finishing in seventh place, Button admits he may have driven too carefully to conserve his tyres.
Perhaps he just never had the pace to begin with?!
"I jumped Webber in the stops, which was great, and they were really good pit-stops by the guys; Lewis and I both jumped someone in our stops, which was great. Setup-wise, the car was okay but there’s a few little things I need to look for to make it a little bit more my style. It was a good first race – I’m very happy with it."
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018