Defending World Champion Jenson Button was summarily outclassed by his McLaren team-mate at the Bahrain GP in the crucial inter-team battle for supremacy in the all-British line-up.
Despite finishing in seventh place, Button admits he may have driven too carefully to conserve his tyres.
Perhaps he just never had the pace to begin with?!
"I jumped Webber in the stops, which was great, and they were really good pit-stops by the guys; Lewis and I both jumped someone in our stops, which was great. Setup-wise, the car was okay but there’s a few little things I need to look for to make it a little bit more my style. It was a good first race – I’m very happy with it."
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019