The company last had a team sponsorship role with the Jordan team, with its prominent yellow and red decals appearing on the car until the end of the 2002 season (pictured).
Of late, the company has had a personal sponsorship arrangement with Timo Glock, with minor branding visible on his racing overalls.
TZ is claiming that senior Deutsche Post representatives met with Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche at Bahrain to broker the deal.
Although no formal confirmation has been made, it is anticipated that the new sponsorship arrangement will kick in at the Spanish GP in May.
How is the yellow ad red combination going to look on a silver and turquoise car? Pretty awful, you’d think…!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020