Mark Webber appeared on Australia’s 60 Minutes show last night on Channel 9, and gave a frank interview with reporter Tara Brown about his rise to the top and his expectations for the 2010 season.
The 60 Minutes team was allowed access to the team’s Milton Keynes factory and to the last pre-season test at Barcelona, in addition to interviewing Red Bull team boss Christian Horner and Mark’s partner, Ann Neal.
For a reporter who didn’t give an impression that she was a huge rev-head, Tara did an excellent job in her feature, which was well-researched but more importantly, not syrupy-sweet with sentimentality.
It was refreshing to see Channel 9 give some decent coverage to one of our international sporting stars, particularly when you consider how poorly they managed to handle the F1 broadcasting when they held the rights to it!
Kudos to Tara and 60 Minutes on this one!
[Image via 60 Minutes]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019