For former Minardi and Red Bull pilot Doornbos, this marks his second season in the championship, as the Dutchman switches to represent Corinthians, having previously represented AC Milan. Robert had previously raced in the IndyCar series with Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing.
"After evaluating many options for 2010, I decided to accept the offer from Azerti Racing for Corinthians," he explained. "After one year in the USA, I want to win races again. I’d like to state that my adventure in the USA is not over yet but Superleague is very competitive, with many ex F1 drivers."
For Narain Karthikeyan – who drove for Jordan in 2005 – this will be his first season in the Superleague Formula,and he will drive for PSV Eindhoven.
Another ex-F1 driver competing in the series’ third season will be Franck Montagny (GD Bourdeaux), whose signing was announced the day before.
The opening round of the championship will occur at Silverstone on the weekend of 3-4 April.
Are we likely to see a few more ex-F1 drivers in the mix? Don’t bet against it!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020