Frantic repair work is said to be being carried out at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, where an access tunnel running under the circuit has collapsed.
The tunnel in question is located under the Paul Frère curve – the second part of Stavelot – that connects the outside of the circuit to the karting track on the circuit’s interior, between Stavelot and Blanchimont.
Although reports indicate that the track itself has escaped damage, there are apparently some small cracks on the surface of the tarmac.
Repairs are underway!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019