Frantic repair work is said to be being carried out at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, where an access tunnel running under the circuit has collapsed.
The tunnel in question is located under the Paul Frère curve – the second part of Stavelot – that connects the outside of the circuit to the karting track on the circuit’s interior, between Stavelot and Blanchimont.
Although reports indicate that the track itself has escaped damage, there are apparently some small cracks on the surface of the tarmac.
Repairs are underway!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020