Frantic repair work is said to be being carried out at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, where an access tunnel running under the circuit has collapsed.
The tunnel in question is located under the Paul Frère curve – the second part of Stavelot – that connects the outside of the circuit to the karting track on the circuit’s interior, between Stavelot and Blanchimont.
Although reports indicate that the track itself has escaped damage, there are apparently some small cracks on the surface of the tarmac.
Repairs are underway!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018