El Corte Inglés, Spain’s largest chain of department stores, has announced that it is now sponsoring Sauber driver Pedro de la Rosa for the Barcelona driver’s F1 comeback season.
The department chain has been operating in Spain since the 1940s and no boasts four main stores across Barcelona’s Diagonal and Plaza de Catalunya alone, in addition to owning several associated store in Spain such as Hipercor, Supercor and Opencor.
The logo of the store – whose name literally translates to ‘The English Cut’ – will be displayed on Pedro’s helmet and the left-side of his racing overalls. Pedro’s image will also be used in several promotional and advertising campaigns for the chain.
[Original image via Virtual Tourist]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020