A seven-foot-long shark caused a few scares in the Force India ranks, approaching within a few metres of drivers Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Paul di Resta during a media call at nearby St Kilda Beach.
While enjoying the waters of the beach – located a few kilometres from the Albert Park circuit – di Resta spotted the shark and pointed it out to his team-mates.
"It was quite big, within about six feet of us," the 23-year-old Scot told The Sun. "It doesn’t give you much confidence to go in the water!"
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Hamilton completes practice rout - 4 July, 2020
- Mercedes close out Friday practice on top - 4 July, 2020
- Hamilton leads Mercedes 1-2 as F1 2020 finally gets underway - 3 July, 2020
- Stirling Moss (1929 – 2020) - 12 April, 2020
- F1 to delay 2021 technical regulations - 20 March, 2020