A seven-foot-long shark caused a few scares in the Force India ranks, approaching within a few metres of drivers Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Paul di Resta during a media call at nearby St Kilda Beach.
While enjoying the waters of the beach – located a few kilometres from the Albert Park circuit – di Resta spotted the shark and pointed it out to his team-mates.
"It was quite big, within about six feet of us," the 23-year-old Scot told The Sun. "It doesn’t give you much confidence to go in the water!"
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020