The Ferrari team has confirmed it will continue its commercial and technical collaboration with fuel-maker Shell until the end of the 2015 season.
The Australian GP in Melbourne will mark the 450th Grand Prix that Ferrari has contested with Shell fuels and lubricants, with the partnership to-date achieving 22 championships (10 Constructors’ and 12 Drivers’) in addition to 154 race victories.
"The extension of our relationship with Shell up to the end of 2015 is yet another step in the Scuderia’s plan to strengthen its long term future and is also a clear sign of continuity and the confidence placed in Ferrari by a company that is a world leader in its field," commented a delighted Stefano Domenicali.
"Shell has been with the Scuderia from the year it was established in 1929 and has played a significant role in many of our successes. Striving for excellence, a passion for competition, team work, technology transfer from track to street: these are the values we share with Shell and which characterise what is a unique partnership in the history of motor sport."
The partnership means we could see another iteration of what I consider to be a superb ad campaign:
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020