The FIA has reduced both the qualifying and race pit lane speed limits for this weekend’s Australian GP.
Usually kept at 100km/h, the limit has been reduced to 60km/h at the request of FIA technical delegate Charlie Whiting.
This will have the knock-on effect of further lengthening the pit stops at the Australian GP, but given the the majority of teams feel they can operate on a single pit stop, it is unlikely to affect race strategies to any particular degree.
How many drivers will be fined this weekend as a result of this?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019