The FIA has reduced both the qualifying and race pit lane speed limits for this weekend’s Australian GP.
Usually kept at 100km/h, the limit has been reduced to 60km/h at the request of FIA technical delegate Charlie Whiting.
This will have the knock-on effect of further lengthening the pit stops at the Australian GP, but given the the majority of teams feel they can operate on a single pit stop, it is unlikely to affect race strategies to any particular degree.
How many drivers will be fined this weekend as a result of this?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018