They tried to keep this one under wraps, but this is very embarrassing for the team!
The team has been forced to apply to the FIA to amend its chassis design, with the rules in place meaning that the chassis design should remain homologated until the end of the season. It is believed that this request has been approved by the FIA under the ‘cost or reliability’ means test.
The revisions to the chassis will require a longer underbody and a new engine cover in addition to other chassis tweaks, and it is expected that the ‘B’ version will be ready in time for the Spanish GP.
That’s a pretty epic fail on behalf of the team’s chief designer, Nick Wirth!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Hamilton completes practice rout - 4 July, 2020
- Mercedes close out Friday practice on top - 4 July, 2020
- Hamilton leads Mercedes 1-2 as F1 2020 finally gets underway - 3 July, 2020
- Stirling Moss (1929 – 2020) - 12 April, 2020
- F1 to delay 2021 technical regulations - 20 March, 2020