We’ve just received news that Red Bull Racing driver Mark Webber will be the recipient of the Sir Jack Brabham Award from the Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) “in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Australian motorsport”.
Nominees for this award "must demonstrate “the talent and determination of the candidate as well as detailing a significant level of success in international competition.”
Previous award recipients have included IndyCar driver Will Power and NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose.
Way to go, Mark!
This follows earlier acknowledgement of the Australian’s achievements upon his arrival into Australia, with event organisers naming a grandstand in his honour, in addition to a motorcade parade through his home town of Queanbeyan.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018