We’ve just received news that Red Bull Racing driver Mark Webber will be the recipient of the Sir Jack Brabham Award from the Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) “in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Australian motorsport”.
Nominees for this award "must demonstrate “the talent and determination of the candidate as well as detailing a significant level of success in international competition.”
Previous award recipients have included IndyCar driver Will Power and NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose.
Way to go, Mark!
This follows earlier acknowledgement of the Australian’s achievements upon his arrival into Australia, with event organisers naming a grandstand in his honour, in addition to a motorcade parade through his home town of Queanbeyan.
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019