Sir Jackie Stewart has flatly denied allegations that he was at the wheel of a Pagani Zonda S supercar involved in a high-speed accident in Scotland, causing some £300,000 of damage.
An Aberdeen newspaper is claiming that Sir Jackie was behind the wheel in the accident, which occurred in September last year.
However, one of Sir Jackie’s reps has moved to reject the allegations: "Sir Jackie wasn’t in the country. He’s never driven the car and doesn’t know the owner," she said.
The repairs, which will occur in the Modena-based Zonda factory in Italy, are set to cost the insurer, Aviva, some £300,000.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019