A touch of glamour in the paddock!
In contrast to his usual travels – Travolta typically pilots his own ex-QANTAS Boeing 707 – the Grease and Pulp Fiction star settled for a first-class passenger trip from the United States.
The actor has had an ambassadorial role with the airline for almost 10 years, and was delighted to visit Melbourne when asked by QANTAS if he would like to attend.
Arriving in Melbourne wearing the full regalia of a QANTAS pilot’s uniform, Travolta said he was looking forward to the event.
"I’ve been to the Indy 500 and to Europe for a couple of Formula One races, but I haven’t been here and I hear it’s one of the best shows around – I’m looking forward to it,” he told reporters.
Before journeying to the Albert Park paddock, Travolta – who is widely regarded as one of the most fan-friendly celebrities in the world – kindly posed with QANTAS engineers on the airport tarmac and signed autographs.
Travolta will cap off his visit by waving the chequered flag at the end of tomorrow’s 58-lap race.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020