A touch of glamour in the paddock!
In contrast to his usual travels – Travolta typically pilots his own ex-QANTAS Boeing 707 – the Grease and Pulp Fiction star settled for a first-class passenger trip from the United States.
The actor has had an ambassadorial role with the airline for almost 10 years, and was delighted to visit Melbourne when asked by QANTAS if he would like to attend.
Arriving in Melbourne wearing the full regalia of a QANTAS pilot’s uniform, Travolta said he was looking forward to the event.
"I’ve been to the Indy 500 and to Europe for a couple of Formula One races, but I haven’t been here and I hear it’s one of the best shows around – I’m looking forward to it,” he told reporters.
Before journeying to the Albert Park paddock, Travolta – who is widely regarded as one of the most fan-friendly celebrities in the world – kindly posed with QANTAS engineers on the airport tarmac and signed autographs.
Travolta will cap off his visit by waving the chequered flag at the end of tomorrow’s 58-lap race.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018