The Lotus team’s test driver Fairuz Fauzy is going to be awarded one of the greatest opportunities in his motorsport career: an opportunity to test drive a Lotus T127 in front of his home fans at Sepang for this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Lotus will become the second team – after Force India – to use a third driver during on of its practice sessions, with the news being confirmed by Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.
The newspaper also confirmed that Heikki Kovalainen will be the driver who relinquishes his seat by dint of a coin toss.
Technical Director Mike Gascoyne explained the decision: “Both [Kovalainen and Trulli] are experienced drivers who do not need to do 40 laps in the first practice on a circuit that is familiar to them."
[Image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020