With back-to-back points’ finishes for Force India’s Vitantonio Liuzzi, the Italian hailed his first race in Australia since 2007 as the perfect result after a strong performance.
He added: "We worked hard all weekend for this seventh place and it’s a brilliant result at the end of what was a crazy race.
"At the beginning of the race on the intermediate tyres we were struggling a little and lost a few positions but after I pitted for the dry tyres I was able to recover and stay on the race pace.
"Towards the end of the race the rear tyres were going off a lot as I had been on them for a long time, but it was just enough to hold onto the position. I think it was another perfect weekend and now we can look forward to Malaysia."
Vitantonio’s team-mate Adrian Sutil retired after 12 laps with a Mercedes-Benz engine problem.
A shame for Adrian, but points are just around the corner for him!
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020