With back-to-back points’ finishes for Force India’s Vitantonio Liuzzi, the Italian hailed his first race in Australia since 2007 as the perfect result after a strong performance.
He added: "We worked hard all weekend for this seventh place and it’s a brilliant result at the end of what was a crazy race.
"At the beginning of the race on the intermediate tyres we were struggling a little and lost a few positions but after I pitted for the dry tyres I was able to recover and stay on the race pace.
"Towards the end of the race the rear tyres were going off a lot as I had been on them for a long time, but it was just enough to hold onto the position. I think it was another perfect weekend and now we can look forward to Malaysia."
Vitantonio’s team-mate Adrian Sutil retired after 12 laps with a Mercedes-Benz engine problem.
A shame for Adrian, but points are just around the corner for him!
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Verstappen shades Bottas in FP2 - 11 July, 2020
- Pérez plots Racing Point’s recovery in FP1 - 10 July, 2020
- Mugello and Sochi added to 2020 F1 schedule - 10 July, 2020
- Bottas wins chaotic race in Austria - 6 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Rookie Drugovich claims dominant first win - 5 July, 2020