Mercedes-Benz Australia is reported to have received several phone calls from buyers interested in buying the AMG C63 saloon that Lewis Hamilton used to illegally perform burnouts on Melbourne’s Lakeside Drive on Friday night, for which he was fined and his car impounded by police.
David McCarthy, the Senior Manager for Corporate Communications for Mercedes-Benz Australia, was quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald as having said that several Mercedes-Benz dealerships across that country had expressed interest in buying the AU$150,000 car, following requests from customers keen to own a piece of Melbourne ‘history’.
For those of you who would like to relive Lewis’ humiliation – and we certainly do! – click “Read More” to see a clip!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019