Mercedes-Benz Australia is reported to have received several phone calls from buyers interested in buying the AMG C63 saloon that Lewis Hamilton used to illegally perform burnouts on Melbourne’s Lakeside Drive on Friday night, for which he was fined and his car impounded by police.
David McCarthy, the Senior Manager for Corporate Communications for Mercedes-Benz Australia, was quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald as having said that several Mercedes-Benz dealerships across that country had expressed interest in buying the AU$150,000 car, following requests from customers keen to own a piece of Melbourne ‘history’.
For those of you who would like to relive Lewis’ humiliation – and we certainly do! – click “Read More” to see a clip!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020