Jenson Button has had his work cut out on the opening day of practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix, and has admitted that he still hasn’t managed to find a set-up to his liking for the Sepang circuit.
“It’s been a long afternoon," said Button. "I haven’t really got to grips with the car round here, I really struggled with the balance and I haven’t found something I like.
"[The MP4-25 has a] very twitchy rear end and I just can’t deal with it at the moment so we’ve been working with that. Eventually, towards the end of practice, I started feeling better but there’s still a long way to go before I’m happy, so it will be a long night tonight."
In fairness to Jenson, he certainly wasn’t the only driver to complain of oversteer when using the soft-compound tyres.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018