Lotus looks set to add to its CNN and Maxis sponsorship portfolio, and it is rumoured that the team is close to securing sponsorship from up to four local and international companies.
The Malaysian news agency Barama has reported that team boss Tony Fernandes confirmed the talks, but would not reveal the identities of these companies.
"It means more if it is Malaysian money," he told reporters at a Lotus-endorsed event. "It was just six months when we built the team and we have now won the crowd."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020