One of the stars of the Malaysian Grand Prix was undoubtedly Jaime Alguersuari, who put in his most impressive performance to-date en route to an excellent ninth place and two championship points.
The young Spaniard drove a combative race against more fancied machinery, and even put on two impressive passes during the race: one on Vitaly Petrov into Turn 1, and the other (the pass of the day, in my opinion) on Nico Hülkenberg around the outside of Turn 5!
And so you should, Jaime!
Team-mate Sébastien Buemi finished 11th on a two-stop strategy after damaging his front wing in a first-corner contact with Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018