One of the stars of the Malaysian Grand Prix was undoubtedly Jaime Alguersuari, who put in his most impressive performance to-date en route to an excellent ninth place and two championship points.
The young Spaniard drove a combative race against more fancied machinery, and even put on two impressive passes during the race: one on Vitaly Petrov into Turn 1, and the other (the pass of the day, in my opinion) on Nico Hülkenberg around the outside of Turn 5!
And so you should, Jaime!
Team-mate Sébastien Buemi finished 11th on a two-stop strategy after damaging his front wing in a first-corner contact with Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020