Should Mercedes GP’s W01 not be on race-winning pace by June, the Brackley-based team could switch its focus to its 2011 challenger, according to latest reports.
Germany’s Bild am Sonntag is heading these claims, in the wake of an announcement from the team that it will launch a series of major upgrades in time for next month’s Spanish Grand Prix.
An anonymous source from within the team told the newspaper: "[Ross] Brawn wants to win races by June at the latest, or he will write off the season and focus on next year."
In contrast, Nico Rosberg remains upbeat about the team’s future prospects after claiming the outfit’s first podium finish at last weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
"The basis of our car is right,” he said. "We have very good developments coming, and I cannot wait.”
Let’s wait ad see what unfolds…
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020