The car that took Alan Jones to the 1980 World Championship crown will be auctioned by the Sotheby’s group in Melbourne on Sunday 18 April.
Expected to fetch a considerable sum, the Patrick Head-designed Williams Cosworth FW07 – chassis number 4 – took Jones to no less than four Formula 1 victories in 1979/80.
Jones will personally be on hand to sign the car to the highest bidder.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020