Possibly good news for Giancarlo Fisichella and Christian Klien fans, with both drivers linked with a possible Friday test driver role with the Hispania Racing Team, it has been revealed.
With main drivers Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok both bringing sponsorship as part of their race drive deals with the team, team
dentist boss Collin Kolles has hinted that he might use some of this liquidity to bring on a third driver to assist in developing the off-the-pace car.
The Cosworth-powered F110 is currently propping up the bottom of the timesheets, having debuted at Bahrain with no testing by virtue of the team’s turbulent pre-season lead-up.
Kolles told Germany’s Auto Bild Motorsport that the appointment of an “experienced driver” for Friday testing duties would aid development in addition to providing a useful benchmark to gauge the performance of Chandhok and Senna.
“We will soon use an experienced driver on the Fridays in order to make comparisons,” Kolles said.
"It sounds crazy, but we want to be the best new team. I’ve brought Geoff Willis on board [as Technical consultant] and he should be able to make the team a real constructor," he said.
"We will rent a wind tunnel and develop the car independently," Kolles concluded.
For Karun and Bruno’s sakes, let’s hope the Friday driver doesn’t show them up too much!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020