Following the tragic plane crash yesterday in Russia that took the lives of Poland’s President Lech Kaczynski, his wife and over 100 other passengers, the Renault team – who has Polish and Russian drivers in Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov, respectively – has issued a team statement.
“I am deeply shocked and saddened by the news of this tragedy, which is unprecedented for our nation,” Robert Kubica said.
“A day of remembrance for the victims of Katyn has become one of deep mourning for the people of Poland. I send my sincerest condolences to the families of the victims and my thoughts are with every one of my fellow Poles, who have all been deeply affected by this tragedy.”
A tragic day for Poland, indeed.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020