Tonight’s premiere episode of Top Gear being broadcast in Australia is a cracker!
Following in the footsteps of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May’s adventures in Botswana, the United States, Vietnam and the North Pole, the trio is this time tasked with travelling over 1,000 miles through the rainforests of Bolivia to the Pacific coast of Chile. To do so, they may use nothing more than a pre-owned four-wheel-drive vehicle purchased online (and unsighted) in Bolivia for under £3,500 each.
Along this incredible journey, the trio encounter the Amazon River, the terrifying Yungas (or ‘Death’) Road en route to La Paz, and then have to cross the Atacama Desert (the driest place on earth) and Altiplano.
The three battle quicksand, river bogging and – most frighteningly of all – the life-threatening effects of hypoxia brought on by the extreme altitudes they were driving at.
I can guarantee you that this is an episode you will not want to miss if you’re in Australia!
Top Gear’s Bolivia Special will be broadcast tonight on Channel 9 at 7:30pm AEST. Check your local guides for more information.
[Image via BBC]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020