One would think that Sebastian Vettel’s reliability issues would have left him behind – certainly the German would hope so! – but the German’s Chinese Grand Prix campaign got off to a shaky start before he’d even had the chance to get there!
The 22-year-old – along with acclaimed F1 photographer Mark Sutton and many Sauber team members – was safely aboard an Airbus A340 on the Zurich Airport runway bound for Shanghai when the pilots turned back to the terminal.
Reason: a mechanical fault in one of the four engines!
I didn’t know that Ferrari manufacturers Airbus engines?!
The party was delayed by more than four hours while the fault was investigated.
[Original image via Airplane Pictures]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020