One would think that Sebastian Vettel’s reliability issues would have left him behind – certainly the German would hope so! – but the German’s Chinese Grand Prix campaign got off to a shaky start before he’d even had the chance to get there!
The 22-year-old – along with acclaimed F1 photographer Mark Sutton and many Sauber team members – was safely aboard an Airbus A340 on the Zurich Airport runway bound for Shanghai when the pilots turned back to the terminal.
Reason: a mechanical fault in one of the four engines!
I didn’t know that Ferrari manufacturers Airbus engines?!
The party was delayed by more than four hours while the fault was investigated.
[Original image via Airplane Pictures]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018