Lewis Hamilton has continued McLaren’s pacesetting form at the Chinese Grand Prix by heading the timesheets at the end of the second free practice session for the Chinese Grand Prix.
With the first practice session proving particularly adventure-packed by dint of Fernando Alonso’s engine failure and Sébastien Buemi’s lurid accident by dint of a front suspension failure, the teams and drivers were hoping for a less chaotic session this time around.
For Buemi, however, his session would be spent with his Toro Rosso STR5 confined to the garage while the team sought to diagnose and repair the issue.
The teams’ wishes for a less-fraught session appeared to be granted: with just one car (Heikki Kovalainen, oil leak) grinding to a halt on track, while Vitaly Petrov spun his Renault at Turn 7 but was able to continue. Vitantonio Liuzzi also had a spin in his first outing for Force India at the circuit, replacing ‘Man Friday’ Paul di Resta, who participated in the morning’s practice session.
2010 Chinese GP Practice 2 Session Times:
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020