Karun Chandhok will receive a five-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix after an FIA seal was broken on his gearbox overnight.
An FIA official must be present whenever a team opens the casing to perform an inspection on a car’s gearbox, but the HRT team performed this in the absence of the FIA witness.
As a result of this breach, Chandhok will be slapped with a five-place penalty after qualifying. Which, given that the HRT is destined for the back row, will make no difference at all…
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018