Karun Chandhok will receive a five-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix after an FIA seal was broken on his gearbox overnight.
An FIA official must be present whenever a team opens the casing to perform an inspection on a car’s gearbox, but the HRT team performed this in the absence of the FIA witness.
As a result of this breach, Chandhok will be slapped with a five-place penalty after qualifying. Which, given that the HRT is destined for the back row, will make no difference at all…
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019