Karun Chandhok will receive a five-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix after an FIA seal was broken on his gearbox overnight.
An FIA official must be present whenever a team opens the casing to perform an inspection on a car’s gearbox, but the HRT team performed this in the absence of the FIA witness.
As a result of this breach, Chandhok will be slapped with a five-place penalty after qualifying. Which, given that the HRT is destined for the back row, will make no difference at all…
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020