Karun Chandhok will receive a five-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix after an FIA seal was broken on his gearbox overnight.
An FIA official must be present whenever a team opens the casing to perform an inspection on a car’s gearbox, but the HRT team performed this in the absence of the FIA witness.
As a result of this breach, Chandhok will be slapped with a five-place penalty after qualifying. Which, given that the HRT is destined for the back row, will make no difference at all…
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018