“We wanted to get pole today – and thought we could – and I don’t really know where the time went in Q3,” Lewis said after qualifying.
"The tyres felt fine – pretty much exactly the same as in Q1 and Q2, when the car felt great – but in Q3 the car started moving around a lot more and felt like the front was bottoming. We’d been quick all weekend but sixth was the best I could do in Q3."
Button – who ancitipates rain on race day – was happy with how the handling of his MP4-25 improved over the session.
"By Q3 it was much better," he said, "but it was a little bit too late by then; the car felt quite different, balance-wise, and I had to play around with the [differential] and front wing to find a good feeling in the car."
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020