Despite some good tyre choices during the race, it was another tough day at the office for Michael Schumacher, who had another rough day at the office since making his much-heralded comeback from retirement.
In the opening four rounds of the season, Schumacher’s points tally sits at 10 with finishes of 6th, 10th, DNF, and 10th. In contrast, Mercedes GP team-mate Nico Rosberg has achieved a total of 50 points and two podium finishes.
"Today was one of those races that you do not want to remember, just like the whole weekend really," Michael admitted to the press after the race.
"It was not good for me and not good from me – you have to take it as another experience and accept it, even if it is frustrating that I was not able to get my tyres together better.
"In general I had some good and tight fights, which was fun, but with my last stop being probably too early, in the end I just couldn’t do anything and my fights were quite hopeless then," the 7-time Champion continued. "Congratulations to Nico, who made it to the podium and at least one of us scored good points."
[Image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020