Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have both been given a reprimand by the race stewards for dangerous driving during their near coming-together during the second round of pit stops in the Chinese Grand Prix.
The McLaren team released Hamilton from his pit box just as Vettel was near him, and the pair raced side-by-side down the pit lane rather than either driver actually concede the position.
After speaking with both drivers and reviewing video evidence, the stewards argued that Hamilton getting sideways trying to out-accelerate Vettel, in addition to the German squeezing the McLaren down the pit lane, was done in a “dangerous manner”.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018