In addition to the aero upgrades that will be fitted to his Mercedes GP W01, an entirely new chassis will be built and issued to Michael Schumacher.
After four races and four comprehensive drubbings by his team-mate Nico Rosberg, Mercedes competitions boss Norbert Haug has apparently suggested that Schumacher’s chassis is actually carrying an inherent problem.
Germany’s Sky has quoted him as having said: "I think we need to replace his chassis for Barcelona.”
Rosberg qualified the sister car some 0.7s quicker than Schumacher at China, and then out-raced him to his second podium finish of the season, while Schumacher staggered over the line as the last of the points’ finishers, nearly a minute behind his compatriot and team-mate.
Despite for Champion Niki Lauda labelling Schumacher’s driving as “mediocre”, Haug was quick to defend the seven-time World Champion.
“Michael has not forgotten how to drive,” Norbert said.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020