Lotus is aiming to relocate its headquarters to a purpose-built facility – with a windtunnel – at Malaysia’s Sepang circuit.
The reformed team, headed by airline tycoon Tony Fernandes, had always made its intentions clear to call Malaysia home.
Malaysian newspaper The Star is reporting that Lotus’ planned facility will include a windtunnel and CFD facility.
"We are already moving towards getting this project off the ground and we are hopeful that it could be completed by this year," confirmed Fernandes.
He also admitted that he wanted to bolster the team’s sponsorship portfolio.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020