Rubens Barrichello has admitted that Williams’ latest challenger, the FW32, is off-the-pace and that improvements are required to bring it into serious contention for results.
Speaking with Speedweek, Barrichello added: "We are not suddenly going to find a second [per lap] from somewhere, but the important thing is that I am firmly convinced that the second is in the car. We want to be in the top six in qualifying, but even to achieve this, we need to find half a second.”
Barrichello drew positives from how well he has settled into the team, the last port of call for his hero Ayrton Senna before his tragic death in 1994.
"There is a good harmony between driver and team," he told Brazil’s Globo. "The best thing is that I am not happy with the results and neither is the team. We just need to keep on working.
"Williams are prepared to listen to me, which is good. They really trust my inputs so I am feeling good about that," he added.
Rubens just needs a quicker car…!
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020