Speculation has continued to mount that Pedro de la Rosa’s Sauber seat is under threat, with rumours linking either Pastor Maldonado or Luca Filippi to the seat.
Despite assurances from team boss Peter Sauber that that Spaniard’s seat at the team was safe, one must not forget that Peter is known for giving drivers the turf – hello, Karl Wendlinger, Nicola Larini and Gianni Morbidelli! – if their star is perceived to be waning.
Both Maldonado and Filippi come armed with considerable sponsorship backing, which might usefully begin to adorn the bare sidepods of the C29 if they were appointed as Kamui Kobayashi’s new team-mate.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018