More juicy comments have been released from former FIA
Dictator President Max Mosley, who – it was revealed in the latest edition of F1 Racing magazine – described Ferrari’s Luca di Montezemelo as a “weak character”.
Mosley described the role of FIA President as “completely beyond” Vatanen’s skills before adding that “I think Jean, with all his ability, is finding it quite a struggle. It’s so much more complex than when I took over (in 1993)."
Mosley came under fire for very publically spruiking Todt as his preferred successor during the election campaign – his impartiality was perceived as very unethical by many critics – and it was alleged that Max worked hard to undermine Vatanen at any possible opportunity during the campaign itself.
Todt won the campaign comfortably to assume the FIA Presidential role, immediately bringing in a raft of changes to separate the motorsports and road car divisions of the FIA and working towards bringing about greater transparency and accountability in the much-criticised organisation.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020