Silverstone’s new Arena layout has officially been unveiled today!
The new infield layout will make the circuit among the quickest on the F1 calendar with the addition of a half-mile addition between the original Abbey bend, rejoining at Priory.
Following final inspections by the FIA’s race director Charlie Whiting, British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC) President Damon Hill unveiled the new layout to the waiting media.
"This is a new circuit for a new generation of people to enjoy motorsport and we believe it will offer a big challenge to drivers as well," he said.
A host of VIPs were present, including Red Bull figures Mark Webber, David Coulthard, and Christian Horner, as well as Nicky Fry, Mike Gascoyne, Martin Brundle and Johnny Herbert. His Royal Highness the Duke of York was also on hand, and officially awarded an honorary membership to the BRDC.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020