Rumours are gaining ground that two-time World Champion Mika Hakkinen could soon become Lewis Hamilton’s new manager!
As we reported last week, Lewis Hamilton has been actively pursuing offers from potential managers in the wake of his
personal professional split with his father, Anthony.
Hakkinen hinted last week that he was pondering a return to the F1 paddock, as a driver manager.
Italy’s Tuttosport is now reporting that a deal could soon be reached that would see the 1998-1999 World Champion assume control for Hamilton’s affairs, which are currently handled by McLaren.
McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh has called for Lewis to appoint a “dispassionate, independent” manager.
I don’t think you could get much more dispassionate than Mika!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018