John Watson – the man who once described himself as “the last macho racing driver” – is celebrating his 64th birthday today!
The Grand Prix veteran contested in over 150 race starts, taking five victories in a career spanning 1973 to 1985, driving for teams such as Brabham, Surtees, Penske and McLaren.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019